- Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, celery and carrots; cook, stirring occasionally, 6 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Stir in garlic; cook 1 minute.
- Add milk; boil 3 minutes. Crumble in minced meat, reduce heat to medium-low and cook 3 minutes, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, just until no longer pink.
- Add tomatoes and salt; bring to a simmer. Cook uncovered 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook as package directs. Drain well; return to pot, or put into a serving bowl.
- Add 3 cups sauce; toss to mix. Serve remaining sauce at table.